From the Kickoff, to the Drives, to the Touchdowns...What a Game!
Thank you for teaming up with United Way of New York City (UWNYC), the New York Jets, and the New York Giants to make our 23rd Annual Gridiron Gala an incredible success—raising $1.8 million—for our City's most vulnerable neighbors, especially our kids.
A special thanks to our honorees: Hometown Heroes Eric Decker and Rashad Jennings, Community Quarterbacks Darryl White and Bob Kueppers, and MVPs, our ReadNYC first graders from Mott Haven.
Why Your Impact Matters
Together, we gained serious yardage toward positively impacting kids living in our City's most-challenged neighborhoods. See why each first down we make is more critical than the next:
Let's Go For Two
Though Gala game day is over, there's still time to rush the field. Let's make our impact even greater—go for two to empower kids, like our Gridiron Gala MVPs, and their families.
Gridiron Gala Instant Replay
To relive Gridiron Gala warm-up and game day, or if you missed out, click below for the play-by-play:
- Watch Sheena Wright and Rashad Jennings in studio with Andrea Grymes at CBS New York.
- Listen to Wright on ESPN radio's New York Sports and Beyond, starting at minute 37.
- Peruse our Flickr album full of celebrity shots and inspiring moments.
- Skim the #GridironGala social media buzz—we topped NYC trends on Twitter!
- Go live from the Gridiron Gala red carpet with our host Otis Livingston of WCBS-TV and Hometown Heroes, Decker and Jennings. Then, catch us again on the 11:00 PM news!
- See our hits on NJ.com, Newsday, Getty, ESPN NY, USA Today, and The New York Daily News—Decker and Jennings talk football from the red carpet.
- Read JetNation's write-up about Decker's Hometown Hero honor and their assortment of live interviews from the red carpet.
- Enjoy Decker's and Jennings's Hometown Hero highlight reels.
We Want to Hear from You
Click here to complete a quick survey about your Gridiron Gala experience. Your feedback is invaluable to enhancing future Galas.
About the Gridiron Gala
For more than 40 years, United Way and the National Football League have worked together to improve the lives of young people across the country. In New York City, UWNYC, the New York Giants, and the New York Jets have partnered to impact children and families living in some our City’s most-challenged neighborhoods. We do this through comprehensive solutions including UWNYC’s ReadNYC initiative to improve grade-level reading by third grade. For 23 years now, United Way of New York City, the New York Giants, and the New York Jets have come together for the Gridiron Gala. The Gala is a celebration of the impact our partnership has achieved and a call to the future for continued collaboration to help our most-deserving neighbors—the kids that live across our five boroughs.