Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility
United Way of New York City is a nonprofit organization mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
This position will play an important role on the Resource Development (RD) team, working to conduct and provide data-driven processing. Responsibilities include supporting organizational database needs and improvement opportunities, analysis and reporting of donor data, and revenue results, assist with prospect research, and providing operational support.
- Oversee gift processing, acknowledgement process and entry of donor information into organization database (ANDAR)
- Draft and update acknowledgement letters for Board members, individuals, major donors, and foundations
- Manage the mailing process for annual appeals, including creation of timelines, mailing lists, and drafts of all the materials
- Assist in tracking move states of top donors and prospects throughout the fiscal year to ensure solicitation timelines are met
- In collaboration with the Prospect Researcher, conduct basic research on individual and foundation donors and prospects. Proactively identify prospects and donors for increased giving to United Way of New York City and foundation prospects
- Track pledges and work to ensure the database accurately reflects donor giving information
- Assist in managing individual, affinity group, foundation, and prospect records in ANDAR
- Prepare grant proposal packages for final submission to foundations, including gathering and compiling of all attachments and materials in accordance with foundation guidelines
- Help track foundation submission, reporting, and renewal deadlines on foundation tracking calendar
- Assist relationship managers in responding to corporate or individual donor inquiries donation inquiries
- Provide assistance and support for donor engagement events and external activities
- Work with corporate team to provide external communications to donors
- Completes a variety of administrative departmental tasks, which may include internal meeting agendas, organizing logistics, and meeting minutes
- Draft timely correspondence on behalf of the SVP/CDO and VP to be sent following meetings, including follow-up information, acknowledgement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in fundraising activities
- Must have strong writing skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, database management and research
- Ability to manage multiple demands; results oriented and ability to work quickly and accurately
- Experience in working with Boards and volunteers a plus; extremely tactful and diplomatic in dealing with confidential concerns
- Works well with people and engenders trust and confidence from fellow staff and volunteers
- Drives Revenue
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Associate, RD" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer