Manager, Donor Analytics
Senior Director, Corporate Engagement
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit organization mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
This position oversees and manages revenue projections and data analytics for the Resource Development (RD) department. This position plays a key role in helping to structure, measure, and assess donor trends to inform fundraising strategy, portfolio, and giving campaign management and assists with database management and operations. Additionally, this position works cross-functionally to report revenue and inform protocols related to gift processing.
- Monitor and analyze performance of revenue lines and produce reports to inform strategy.
- Analyze donor trends, including average gift, donor churn, designation rates, corporate partner revenue results by industry, and affinity group giving to inform fundraising strategy.
- Produce year-end analytics on donors, revenue, and tactics to track and evaluate fundraising strategies.
- Assist with database administration and maintenance including designing and implementing protocols and training staff.
- Create reports and dashboards needed by RD staff and executive leadership team to manage their portfolios and track progress against revenue and activity goals.
- Assist with creating and managing processes for gift processing, working cross functionally with Finance and Resource Development team
- Collaborate with RD and Finance teams to set annual revenue projections based on trend analysis, strength and depth of donor relationships, intelligence from fundraisers, and guidance from senior leadership.
- Produce regular revenue reports for RD and Finance teams, as well as senior leadership, to track funds raised against goals, illustrate significant trends, and inform revenue projection adjustments.
- Design and implement systems for tracking and reporting revenue. Includes designing processes to ensure data integrity in the master database and creating data mines and reports that are used by fundraisers and senior leaders to track progress against goals.
- Work with Finance and Business Operations to reconcile projected revenue with actuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred, with a 2–5 year background in Analytics, Finance, or Accounting, or a Bachelor’s with 5–7 years of experience
- Proficiency with financial statements
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to manage and analyze large data sets
- Expert in Excel and Power Point
- Strong familiarity with donor databases, data mining, and reporting
- Independent self-starter; motivated to seek out new opportunities to review and analyze data to support strategic decision-making; comfortable with embracing change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work well within levels and departments across the organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including the use and explanation of graphs
- Detail oriented and organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Drives Revenue
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Manager, Donor Analytics" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer