Position: Manager, Grant Analytics
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
The Manager, Grants Analytics will monitor and analyze program services grant expenses to ensure program financial goal is met. In addition, the Manager will provide fiscal and compliance management oversight to a portfolio of CBO-School partnerships implementing UWNYC’s New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) Attendance Improvement and Dropout Prevention (AIDP) Community School contract.
Program Financial Analytics:
- Monitor and analyze program services expenses to ensure budget goal is met.
- Analyze government contracts expenses and alert the AVP, Financial Planning & Analysis of any budget impact, including administrative recovery.
- Coordinate with the Senior Manager, Grants & Accounting to ensure proper utility of restricted revenues as well as its impact on budget.
- Assists in expense analysis for grant proposals.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on grant expenses and revenues.
- Perform other duties as directed by the AVP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
AIDP Budget Management:
- Provide ongoing contract monitoring and administrative/financial support to contract partners to assure consistent progress and reporting.
- Support grantee fiscal reporting process by reviewing and approving CBO budgets and expense reports through FMS system.
- Gain an understanding of information systems supporting programmatic work and act as administrator.
- Provide fiscal management technical assistance to CBOs via phone calls, trainings, and email communication.
- Monitor CBO expenditures by identifying and analyzing variances between planned and actual expenditures. Support CBO staff to properly manage contract spending and documentation.
- Identify needs for mid-stream program and budgetary adjustments to achieve desired results.
- Provide accurate, timely summary and analysis reports, responses to inquiries, and contract histories according to reporting schedules and upon request.
- Provide spreadsheet analysis and maintains historical data.
Contract Compliance Monitoring:
- Liaise between UWNYC and NYCDOE’s PETS Office to ensure quality control on compliance mandates across contracted CBOs.
- Update monthly PETS tracker sheet to confirm CBO’s monthly submissions.
- Reconcile quarterly expense reports against monthly PETS reports to ensure proper PETS compliance for CBO disbursements.
- Administer the submission and approval of all required compliance documents by CBO partners.
- Assess CBO challenges and provide technical assistance that enhances their understanding of compliance procedure, technological support, and policy updates. This may require in-person training and/or site visits.
- Liaise between UWNYC and NYCDOE’s PETS Office for all security clearance matters.
- Provide technical assistance via phone calls and email communication around fingerprinting compliance.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 3 years of experience performing budgetary, administrative and operational support work.
- Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance and fund accounting.
- Experience with Government Contracts.
- Superior data management and analytics skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior financial and business acumen.
- Budgeting and modification experience.
- Able to prepare billing/expenditure reports, as well as variance reports.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external parties.
- Proven record of effective project management, ability to work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach.
- Highly motivated, self-directed team player.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Great Plains.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach and willingness to work as part of a cohesive team.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Planning and Project Management
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Manager, Grant Analytics " in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.