Position: Manager, Nutrition Programs, FeedNYC
Reports to: Senior Manager, Nutrition Programs, FeedNYC
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
UWNYC works side-by-side with individuals, nonprofits, government, businesses, foundations, faith-based organizations, and community partners in developing strategies to produce far-reaching results. We create and fund initiatives focused on improving the quality of life for individuals and families; provide technical assistance, leadership development, and other support to strengthen the capacity of our nonprofit partners; and advocate on important issues affecting our communities
Summary: The Manager, Nutrition Programs, contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition, food safety and capacity initiatives for emergency food programs (EFP). This position will conduct compliance site visit reviews to EFPs and provide technical assistance for client choice conversion in all 5 boroughs. This position conducts nutrition, food safety, and client choice workshops, develops educational and resource materials to ensure EFPs have the necessary nutrition and food safety related knowledge and skills. This position also provides general program support and assists the Senior Manager, Nutrition Programs, to ensure that nutrition resource program deliverables are met.
- Manages client choice grant program with responsibility for developing application, program and monitoring materials.
- Manage special food purchasing and food access projects, including fresh produce initiatives.
- Writes and edits monthly nutrition and food safety newsletters.
- Conducts nutrition and food safety workshops both at UWNYC and at community partner sites.
- Conducts routine and follow-up site visits to ensure compliance with nutrition and food safety requirements.
- Other projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Registered Dietitian with one to two years’ experience in community nutrition or at least three years of professional community nutrition experience.
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition or Public Health, preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Understanding and knowledge of community nutrition issues, poverty and hunger issues, and general health statistics as they relate to NYC.
- Knowledge of and experience within the nonprofit sector, nutrition and food safety and/or collective impact a plus.
- Relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Clear and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time-management skills.
- Ability to self-manage, multitask and quickly “change gears” as needed.
- Self-motivated, driven, proactive, collaborative, flexible, and good-natured.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Proficient in MS office computer software applications, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and Internet.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Relationship Oriented
- Strategic Community Collaborator
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Planning and Project Management
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Manager, Nutrition Programs, FeedNYC" in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer