Reports to: AVP, Impact Strategy & Evaluation
Position Description: The Manager, Research & Analytics supports research, data analysis, data management, and reporting at United Way of New York City (UWNYC). The Manager is part of the Impact Strategy & Evaluation unit that evaluates the impact of UWNYC and of its community initiatives. The Manager has the following responsibilities: (a) conduct research and analysis to support evaluation of Community Impact initiatives; (b) manage data collection and storage to ensure data availability, security, and integrity; (c) develop analyses and reports to support strategic decision-making across the organization. The Manager mostly works in an analytical capacity and is required to have a thorough understanding of UWNYC’s strategic objectives and community impact initiatives.
Conduct research & analysis to support evaluation of Community Impact initiatives
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to provide regular insights about the outcomes of UWNYC’s Community Impact initiatives.
- In collaboration with program staff across the Community Impact department, develop evaluation plans for community partners and assess the contribution of individual agencies to network-wide goals.
- Analyze results to document which strategies worked and for whom; research bright spots to identify which approaches demonstrate potential for meaningful change.
- Draw on existing research and community data resources to develop an understanding of the communities that UWNYC serves and track shifts. When needed, conduct on the ground research to close knowledge gaps.
- Create regular reports and data visualizations that communicate insights from data analysis and facilitate rapid-cycle learning opportunities for UWNYC and its external partners.
Manage data collection and storage to ensure data security and integrity
- Develop and maintain data systems and processes to capture results and lessons learned for Community Impact initiatives and within UWNYC.
- Conduct data cleaning and quality control to remove errors and ensure data integrity.
- Craft data sharing agreements with external partners; provide support to external partners to share data securely and in accordance with the agreements.
- Ensure that data is stored securely on UWNYC’s servers, and that proper procedures are in place to comply with regulations concerning confidential data.
- Manage relationships with external data providers to ensure timely access to relevant data.
Develop analyses and reports to support strategic decision-making across the organization
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to monitor progress, identify trends, and derive insights about the organization’s performance.
- Produce regular reports and/or dashboards to facilitate data-driven inquiry across the organization. Ensure timely availability of performance reports, analytical insights, and relevant resources.
- Gather and prepare materials from across the organization for quarterly reviews.
- Ensure that the strategic plan, performance measurement reports, analytical insights, and other resources are communicated across the organization.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis, business analytics, and data visualization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience working with databases, such as Microsoft Access
- Experience setting up data collection systems and processes to facilitate decision-making
- Attention to detail and ability to validate and reconcile data collected from multiple sources
- Proven ability to take initiative, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple streams of work
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate data-driven inquiry and enable others to interpret results
- Strong team-player who is able to collaborate with diverse groups of people across the organization
- Willingness to learn, embrace opportunities in change, and develop professionally from personal experience and from others
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission and vision
- Ability to demonstrate UWNYC’s core values (Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance) in all internal and external relationships
- Strategic Community Collaborator
- Critical Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
- Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Embracing & Managing Change
- Planning and Project Management
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Manager, Research & Analytics" in the subject line.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer