POSITION: Program Coordinator, Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance
DEPARTMENT: Community Impact
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, FeedNYC
SUMMARY: This position will play an important role in the coordination and management of the FeedNYC hunger prevention and nutrition assistance program and is responsible for supporting the senior director and nutrition programs team with administrative and programmatic activities.
- Assist in the administration of nutrition and food safety programs
- Assist in the administration of farm-to-food pantry programs and other fresh produce initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of grant application and rating materials, of award materials, such as funding agreements and other documents, provide phone and email a support to applicants, and check documents for compliance
- Assist in the development of workshop and newsletter content for emergency food program representatives
- Handle nutrition and food safety workshop registrations
- Order and manage inventory of workshop incentives and office supplies
- Serve as point of contact for grantees and other interested constituents
- Coordinate payments related to vendors and subcontracts, as needed
- Book meeting rooms and schedule meetings in Outlook
- Plan, organize, and execute special projects as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in nonprofit activities
- Experience within the nutrition and food safety, nonprofit sector, and/or collective impact a plus
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time-management skills
- Strong team orientation, relationship-building and negotiation skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Clear and strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Relationship Oriented
- Strategic Community Collaborator
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Planning and Project Management
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title "Program Coordinator, FeedNYC" in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer