POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate, Corporate Engagement
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President, Corporate Engagement
SUMMARY: This position will play an important role in the coordination and management of the corporate engagement fundraising program for the Resource Development department. The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting UWNYC fundraising activities, stewardship activities, and the support of donor growth and retention. The Senior Associate is responsible for managing all administrative aspects that support the Associate Vice President, including calendaring, meeting management and email support.
- Assist Associate Vice President, Corporate Engagement and Account Executive in managing top Corporate Partner accounts, including with preparation of call materials, data entry, maintaining contacts and assisting with supportive fundraising functions
- Assist and support the planning and implementation of strategies and accurate tracking for corporate giving and workplace giving campaigns, appeals and other fundraising activities
- Process Workplace Campaign results and forge strong interdepartmental relationships with the Business Operations team
- Represent the Associate Vice President and Account Executive in internal meetings and externally with donors, when appropriate
- Assist Account Executives in the stewardship and cultivation of corporate donors, including research and preparation of materials for meetings, drafting letters and call materials, and facilitating accurate and effective communications with ongoing donor stewardship
- In collaboration with the Prospect Researcher, conduct basic research on individual giving, foundation and corporate donor prospects.
- Oversee correspondence and acknowledgement process and entry of donor information into organization’s database (ANDAR)
- Manage donor inquiries
- When appropriate, work with Account Teams to provide external communications to donors and/or corporate contacts
- Proactively manage donor engagement events and external activities
- As appropriate, maintain a small portfolio of workplace campaigns, mentored by Account Executives
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in fundraising activities
- Must have strong writing skills and be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, database management and research
- Comfortable with extracting data from large spreadsheets, performing analyses, and reporting on findings.
- Manage correspondence and acknowledgement process and entry of donor information into organization database (ANDAR)
- Ability to manage multiple demands; results oriented and ability to work quickly and accurately
- Experience in working with Boards and volunteers a plus; extremely tactful and diplomatic in dealing with confidential concerns
- Works well with people and engenders trust and confidence from fellow staff and volunteers
United Way of NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Capital: firstname.lastname@example.org.