POSITION: Senior Associate, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives - Community Schools
SUMMARY: The Senior Associate, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives Community Schools, will manage United Way of New York City’s (UWNYC), Attendance Improvement Dropout Prevention (AIDP) Community Schools strategic partnerships and special projects. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Director of Community Schools to liaise between the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) for the positioning of strategic internal and external partnerships, lead assigned special projects, and provide administrative support to the Education Team.
REPORTS TO: Director, Educate NYC
- Development of Strategic Partnerships
- Coordinate with UWNYC’s Resource Development (RD) team to identify and initiate strategic corporate partnerships that will help increase attendance and improve academic outcomes with AIDP Community Schools
- Liaise with DOE and Community Based Organization (CBO) partners in the coordination and deployment of volunteer projects
- Identify strategic areas for potential partnership between UWNYC Corporate and Non-Profit partners and DOE Community Schools
- Community Resource Asset Mapping Project
- In close partnership with DOE, lead the asset mapping project to design, develop and implement a robust interactive map to help communities connect to rescores in the areas of health, housing and hunger.
- Partner and coach the NYCDOE VISTAs team through the stages of research, design, development and implementation of the interactive map
- Partner and coordinate with UWNYC’s internal teams, NYCDOE personnel, and other necessary external partners to ensure the successful completion of this project
- Report on the progress of the project as needed
Special Projects include, but not limited to:
- Contract Compliance Monitoring:
- Liaise between UWNYC and NYCDOE’s PETS Office to ensure quality control on compliance mandates across contracted CBOs
- Develop protocols to monitor compliance obligations for all Education contracts and support the Budget Analysts in the implementation of these protocols
- Administer the submission and approval of all required compliance documents by CBO partners
- Assess CBO challenges and provide technical support and assistance that augments the understanding of compliance procedure and policy updates. This may require in-person training and/or site visits.
- Security Clearance Monitoring (SCM):
- Liaise between UWNYC and NYCDOE’s PETS Office for all security clearance matters
- Support Budget Analysts monitoring of lead CBO staff fingerprinting requirements
- Verify monthly UWNYC’s roster in PETS is accurate and complete
- Provide technical assistance to CBO partners regarding fingerprint compliance using various means of information communication technology
- Administrative support:
- Track, monitor, and oversee pending items such as executing contracts, check requests, updating Fiscal Management System (FMS), and other internal management tools including policies and procedural manuals.
- Maintain CBO digital and paper files, including compliance documentation, contracts, and contact rosters
- Assist with the coordination of fiscal trainings, updating and/or create departmental resource materials, and updating internal tools (Work plans, manuals, reports)
- Organize and coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings
- Other special projects as assigned by the Director or Vice President of Education
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The Senior Associate position requires comprehensive knowledge of current compliance policies and procedures. He/she must proactively engage in continuous improvement practices to increase operational efficiency. The Senior Associate must be able to work independently and may be called upon to provide services, guidance or advice to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in a related field (Public Administration, Grants Management, or Nonprofit Management) and a minimum of two years of experience in a related field
- Strong team orientation, relationship-building and negotiation skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Proven record of effective project management, ability to work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with City Agencies, Foundations, or Community Based Organizations
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and web-based applications
- Superior Performance
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Planning and Project Management
- Embracing and Managing Change
How To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Human Capital at email@example.com.