THE POSITION: Senior Executive Assistant, Marketing & Communications
REPORTS TO: SVP & Chief Marketing Officer
SUMMARY: The Senior Executive Assistant, Marketing and Communications (MarComm) plays a critical role in supporting the Senior Vice President (SVP) to manage priorities and communication. S/he is also a key administrative resource for the MarComm team and across the organization, including regular interfaces with the President’s Office.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the SVP including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents and presentations for donor-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the SVP’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the SVP's time.
- Maintains SVP communications in a donor database.
- Assists SVP with Board-related meeting preparations throughout the year. Responsibilities include: coordinating and communicating meeting logistics efficiently, developing agenda and corresponding materials for meeting books, managing production of printed materials, drafting and transmitting minutes and reports.
- Develops, implements and maintains best departmental practices for administrative policies, especially purchasing (i.e., invoicing and credit card, travel and expenses, food ordering).
- Prepares and processes purchase order forms for departmental requisitions. Maintains purchasing records.
- Tracks and reconciles monthly departmental credit card purchases.
- Assists in tracking all general expenses against departmental budget.
- Maintains office supply inventory, places orders with Senior Administrative Coordinator and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Represents MarComm as part of UWNYC Administrative Core Team. Effectively communicates general administrative policies and updates to MarComm. Is a resource for team members on purchasing policies, credit card policy, Concur web portal and food and office supply ordering.
- Manages departmental records retention function, ensuring that documents are appropriately filed, archived or destroyed in accordance with organizational policy.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and interest in Marketing and fundraising a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Knowledge of Concur Solutions and ANDAR donor database a plus.
- Effective Communicator
- Superior Performance
- Planning and Project Management
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Embracing and Managing Change
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Human Capital firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer