The Senior Executive Assistant, Resource Development performs a variety of administrative assignments exercising independent judgment and initiative in support of the department:
- Serves as initial point of contact for the Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer (SVP/CDO) from internal and external sources--includes communication via phone, email and correspondence to ensure quick responses or referrals to appropriate United Way departments. Acts as the liaison to the direct reports of the SVP/CDO.
- Supports essential administrative and operational functions for the office of the SVP/CDO.
- Provides advice and counsel to the SVP/CDO as requested.
- Demonstrates discretion and maintains all information on a confidential basis
- Maintain calendar and schedule for the SVP/CDO, managing competing priorities efficiently and using judgment to make the appropriate adjustments as needed to optimize productivity and effectiveness. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the SVP's time.
- Respond to telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that may require sensitivity. Receive and interact with board of directors, senior staff and visitors. Assist with managing internal and external professional relationships.
- Monitor requests for the SVP/CDO’s review, signature and follow up on documents to ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents, including those related to Committee and Board of Directors meetings. Maintain files for Committee and Board materials and provide information to department heads and managers on pending meeting materials and matters. Schedule Resource Committee meetings.
- Follow up and track action items on behalf of the SVP/CDO.
- Meeting preparation: schedule participants, arrange building security clearance, reserve conference rooms, prepare materials for meetings, and ensure coverage for technology and catering needs.
- Prepares correspondence and presentation materials for SVP.
- Interfaces with Board Members and high level donors and their administrative assistants
- Manage the SVP/CDO’s travel arrangements and process expense reports using the Concur system.
- Process payment of department invoices; prepare purchase requisitions, check requests, and messenger and shipping requests. Maintain inventory of department’s office supplies.
- Manages departmental records retention function, ensuring that documents are appropriately filed, archived or destroyed in accordance with organizational policy
- Check and distribute incoming and send outgoing mail.
- Represent RD as part of UWNYC’s Administrative Core Team. Effectively communicates general administrative policies and updates to RD. Is a resource for team members on purchasing policies, credit card policy, Concur web portal and food and office supply ordering.
- Assist senior RD staff members with planning and organizing monthly RD staff meetings
- Manage special projects upon request.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Understanding or and experience in the nonprofit community is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Knowledge of Concur Solutions and ANDAR donor database or another database a plus
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Strong understanding of customer service and the importance of timely response
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
- Mission Focused
- Relationship Oriented
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Senior Executive Assistant, Resource Development" in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer