Position: Senior Executive Assistant, Resource Development (Part-time 20 hours)
Reports to: Senior Vice President & Chief Development Officer
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: The Senior Executive Assistant, Resource Development (RD) plays a critical role in supporting the Senior Vice President (SVP) and Vice President (VP) of RD to manage priorities and communication. S/he is also a key administrative resource for the RD team and across the organization, including some interfacing with the President’s Office.
Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the SVP, including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and organizing logistics for internal meetings.
- Assist SVP, RD with meeting preparation for Resource Development Committee (RDC) meetings:
- Coordinating and communicating meeting logistics.
- Developing the meeting agenda and corresponding materials for meeting books.
- Managing the production of printed materials.
- Drafting talking points for the RDC Chairperson.
- Drafting and transmitting meeting minutes, the Report to the Executive Committee, and the Report to the Board.
- Maintaining current files of all RDC documents in shared drive.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the SVP’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the SVP's time.
- Develops, implements and maintains best departmental practices for administrative policies, especially purchasing (i.e., invoicing and credit card, travel and expenses, food ordering).
- Prepares and processes purchase order forms for departmental requisitions. Maintains purchasing records in excel spreadsheet.
- Tracks and reconciles monthly departmental credit card purchases.
- Reconciles monthly RD conference line bill.
- Assists Associate VP of Operations with tracking all general expenses against departmental budget.
- Maintains office supply inventory, places orders with Senior Administrative Coordinator and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Represents RD as part of UWNYC Administrative Core Team. Effectively communicates general administrative policies and updates to RD. Is a resource for team members on purchasing policies, credit card policy, Concur web portal and food and office supply ordering.
- Manages departmental records retention function, ensuring that documents are appropriately filed, archived or destroyed in accordance with organizational policy.
- Assists SVP, RD, VP, RD, and Associate VP of Operations with planning and organizing monthly RD staff meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1–2 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Knowledge of Concur Solutions and ANDAR donor database a plus
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Strong understanding of customer service and the importance of timely response
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- This position is privy to confidential and highly sensitive information. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments.
- Mission Focused
- Superior Performance
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and résumé to email@example.com with the title "Senior EA, Resource Development" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted. Salary range for this position is $31,000–$36,000.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.