The Tocqueville Society recognizes local philanthropists who are committed to social change through outstanding community service and financial support. Today, there are nearly 400 Tocqueville Societies in the United States, Europe, and elsewhere which collectively raised more than $514 million from over 25,000 individuals. There are nearly 500 Million Dollar Roundtable members in addition to over 470 families who have endowed their annual Tocqueville support through a planned gift.
When you combine Tocqueville Society members’ experiences, abilities, and ambitions, the result effectively helps New York City work for every New Yorker.
UWNYC Ensures that Tocqueville Members Make an Impact by…
- Investing in vetted, innovative programs designed to produce long-lasting social change
- Learning and informing others about best solutions to address the city’s burning challenges
- Educating and influencing the next generation of philanthropic citizens
- Million Dollar Roundtable Member: $1 million+
- National Society: $100,000 – $999,999
- Leadership Circle: $50,000 – $99,000
- Chairman’s Circle: $25,000 – $49,999
- Member: $10,000 – $24,999
UWNYC offers a three-year step-up program into the Tocqueville Society, with membership benefits beginning in year one of your commitment.
- $5,000 in year one
- $7,500 in year two
- $10,000 in year three
For more information about the Tocqueville Society and/or the step-up program please contact Meaghan Brown, Associate Vice President, Corporate Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-251-4063.
As a Member, You Will Enjoy…
- A national network of philanthropic leaders who are engaged locally to create long-lasting, positive change
- A thoughtful partnership with a quality organization and dedicated staff who ensure that gifts, attention, and time are invested efficiently in communities to maximize impact
- Add-on membership in the Young Leaders Council (professionals under 40) and the Women’s Leadership Council (women donors), if applicable
- Quarterly electronic programmatic updates
- Special recognition on UWNYC website and print materials
- A Tocqueville Society lapel pin
- Early invitations and preferred seating at UWNYC events including the Thought Leaders Series, Gridiron Gala, and Women's Leadership Council Luncheon
- Visits and volunteer opportunities at community partner sites
- Quarterly in-person Q&As with the UWNYC President & CEO Sheena Wright on New York City's key issues and latest solutions
- Eligibility for the Annual National Tocqueville Award
- The Tocqueville Leaders Gathering
- The National Women's Leadership Conference