Small Acts, Big Results
With the support of volunteers from our corporate partners, last year we achieved big results by combining resources and expertise to help New York City’s most vulnerable communities.
- This past year, UWNYC led 130 volunteer projects engaging 2,938 volunteers who contributed a total of 8,029 hours
- 6,603 reading packs distributed to our ReadNYC partner schools to improve literacy skills
- 14,068 meals served and 4,425 pantry bags distributed to low-income New Yorkers to ensure that all families have access to nutritious and healthy food
- 2,214 toys and 2,214 backpacks collected and distributed to ReadNYC partner schools through our annual Back-to-School and Holiday Gift drives
- 12 mock interview & resume review sessions benefited 159 job-seekers to support career readiness