On June 14, 2013, the Young Leaders Council will hold an exclusive event at the private residence of James Herbert for an evening of cocktails, passed hors d’oeuvres, a live DJ, and spectacular views of Central Park South. Check out photos from last year’s event.
Young Leaders Council
James Herbert Cocktail Reception, February 2013
Volunteering at St. Johns Bread & Life Food Pantry, July 2012
James Herbert Rooftop Summer Fundraiser, June 2012
The Young Leaders Council (YLC) is a group of young professionals focused on transforming New York City communities by supporting United Way of New York City's efforts to improve the education, income stability and health of vulnerable New Yorkers. The YLC seeks to engage a diverse group of young philanthropists by providing opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals, lead groups and committees, raise funds, and advocate on behalf vulnerable New Yorkers.
Young philanthropists under 40 who join to the Young Leaders Council will directly benefit United Way of New City's current programs as well as receive the following member benefits:
- Greater knowledge of New York City's current issues related to poverty
- Access to a network of committed and passionate philanthropists
- Invitations to events
- Volunteer projects throughout the five boroughs
- Leadership opportunities (upon joining a subcommittee or the Executive Committee)
- Opportunities to utilize and strengthen your skills in areas such as public speaking, fundraising, events, social media, advocacy, community engagement, and marketing
In order to join, please fill out the Member Sign-Up form.
You can also learn more about the Young Leaders Council and its current activities including the YLC's Hurricane Sandy Recovery Fundraising Page, a list of current YLC subcommittees, and its Brooklyn-focused initiative.
The Advisory Committee
- Jenay Alejandro
- Candice Cook
- Ivette Fernandez
- James Herbert
- Tedla Khan